CMSA College Preparation Program helps CMSA seniors access all the information and support necessary to open the doors of higher education. The college counseling team works with each student individually to guide them to find the right college and major that fit student’s interests and expectations.
We use the state-of-the-art Naviance program, an online college and career readiness solutions that helps connect academic achievement to post-secondary goals, and improve college and career planning.
Here are the some services that are provided:
– Career surveys and guidance (see attached CMSA Senior Handbook)
– College application follow-up (Minimum 8 college applications)
– College Visits (At least 15 college trips every year)
– Senior mentoring program through our partnership with Morningstar Financial
– College Fair(More than 30 college representatives visit CMSA every year)
– Scholarships (All the local and nation-wide scholarships)
– FAFSA training for parents and students (A to Z financial aid support)
– Home Visits (Parents are informed about the progress)
– Resume support and advice
– Free college classes at Harold Washington Classes